1. BAKE SALES: A classic method of fundraising, bake sales are one of the best ways to raise money for your team. Why? Um… because food. That’s why. But no, seriously. Tell everyone on your team to bring in some home-made goodies or some store-bought sweets and sell them after school one day (pick one of the biggest after-school activity days) in the main lobby. The last bake sale my team had we raised $157 - proof that bake sales are key in fundraising.
2. CANDY SALES: Basically, we buy bulk packages of candy from places like Costco and arrange them in groups of 20 pieces of candy (Ex. 5 bags of M&Ms, 5 bags of Skittles, and 10 Snickers), which we place in a Ziploc bag for easy handling. Each team member is responsible for selling at least one set of 20 pieces of candy at $1 a piece, and of course, members are encouraged to sell even more than just 20 pieces of candy. The selling is done during the school day - basically, members carry around the ziploc bag of candy around school waiting for people to notice the bag and purchase the candy. We end up making a profit of around $10 from each 20 pieces of candy sold, so, multiply $10 x 45 team members… that’s already $450 IF each member ONLY sells one bag of 20 pieces of candy!
3. T-SHIRTS: This money comes from the team members themselves. When purchasing T-shirts for the team, add an extra $5 to the T-shirt price that will go towards the club’s savings.
4. MEMBERSHIP FEES: I’ve seen several schools do this. Basically, all members pay a membership fee (ex. $20) to be in the club,
5. SCHOOL RAFFLES: Raffle off some of your own club members! For example, you can raffle off a date/dinner with a member, a free pie-in-the-face of a member, “servant for a day” where a member carries the books of the raffle winner for a day, etc.